- Hertz reviews £10m pan-Euro media planning and buying
Hertz, the car rental giant, has put its pan-European media planning and buying account, estimated to be worth £10 million, out to pitch and has issued requests for information to sev- eral agencies.
Currently handled by Initiative who was appointed to the business in 2009 after pitching against Manning Gottlieb and OMD International, the account is thought to cover TV, press, cinema, outdoor, online, affiliate and direct response.
- Smirnoff is reviewing its £1m global consumer account. The activity will have a digital focus, and it is not known if incumbent Splendid Communications will repitch for the business.
- LV= is holding a pitch for its digital marketing activity. Incumbent Harvest is expected to repitch for the account.
- Virgin Media Business is looking to consolidate its digital activity and has contacted agencies ahead of a pitch.
- The AA has put its advertising business, worth £7m, out to pitch. McCann London is the incumbent.
- Jägermeister is looking to appoint an agency as it attempts to increase brand awareness in the UK.
- Npower has called a review of its creative and media accounts, thought to be worth £9m, putting its roster of agencies on notice.
- TalkTalk is looking for an agency to promote its involvement with YouView through social media.
- The National Trust is undergoing a review of its direct marketing account as it looks to consolidate its fundraising, membership and loyalty business.
- City University London has released a tender for marketing and design services. The university is looking for a roster of agencies who will help create small campaigns and literature. The deadline is 4 June.
- McArthurGlen, the designer outlet group, is undergoing a review of its media planning and buying business, worth £1.5m. Carat is the incumbent on the ac- count and is understood to be repitching.
- HTC is on the hunt for a social media agency to handle the smartphone company’s social media output.
- Specialist Holidays Group (SHG) has invited agencies to pitch for its media planning and buying activity. Conrad Advertising is the incumbent on the TUI Travel-owned company’s account.
- Boots has put its global digital advertising account up for grabs, approaching several UK agencies to pitch.
|City University London||Marketing and design||n/a|
|Hertz||Pan-European media planning and buying||£10m|
|McArthurGlen||Media planning and buying||£1.5m|
|The National Trust||Direct marketing||n/a|
|Npower||Creative and media||£9m|
|Specialist Holidays Group||Media planning and buying||n/a|
|Virgin Media Business||Digital||n/a|